Selected sustainability trends
Deepening the production line
In order to offer our customers customized solutions from a single source, we are constantly expanding our production depth. In 2018, we invested in a laser cutter that offers our customers the following benefits, among others:
- High flexibility in shape and material
- very fine, often post-processing-free cut edges
- Engraving/ marking, and cutting at the same time
- No tool change necessary, short set-up times
In 2019, we added sewing to our value chain, and since 2020, we have been offering cut-to-length services. On customer request we supply rough cuts instead of roll goods.
From 2022, less CO2 than ever before
Despite the consistent generation of energy through alternative sources (cogeneration, photovoltaics), zwissTEX Germany GmbH will be able to reduce its annual carbon footprint by another 30% through the purchase of green electricity (hydropower, Bavaria) from Jan 2022 onwards.
As before, we can calculate an individual product footprint for you.
Announcement of further certifcates
zwissTEX has started active preparations to be certified according to the industry standards GRS (Global Recycling Standard) and HIGG (social and environmental performance) from 2023 and to be able to offer its customers broader, continuous improvements in sustainability performance in process and product.
- Increase: waste consumption 2021 vs. 2020 5% 5%
- Proportion: recyclable waste 2021 96% 96%
- Proportion: disposable waste 2021 4% 4%
- Increase: Water consumption 2021 vs. 2020 14% 14%
- Increase: wastewater consumption 2021 vs. 2020 13% 13%
- Increase: employees since 2014 26% 26%
- Increase: number of part-time employees since 2014 75% 75%
- Rejuvenation of the workforce since 2014 3% 3%
- Decrease: Average length of service since 2014 18% 18%
- Increase: fluctuation 2021 vs. 2014 62% 62%
Savings in greenhouse gas emissions through alternative energy generation
(7600 t since 2014).
Key measures 2022
Young talent development
More detail: LCA
Consolidation: Waste mgt.
Our sustainability at a glance